About SAIFM & Qualifications
The South African Institute of Financial Markets (SAIFM) is a non-profit voluntary association established to promote professionalism and integrity in the financial markets.
To be the leading professional body providing educational and examination services for financial market professionals in South Africa and other African countries.
SAIFM will strive to be an institution of excellence of which participants in the financial markets are proud to become members, ascribing to the goals, standards, professionalism and integrity of the SAIFM, and to ensure that these aspects are also recognised and supported by existing financial sector institutions, regulators and employers.
To this end SAIFM will -
- provide learners with affordable, accessible professional examinations (assessments) of high quality required by our stakeholders;
- provide members and others involved in the financial markets with credible and value-added continued professional education (CPE) initiatives;
- provide stakeholders with top quality services in terms of member administration, registered persons examinations, and handling of examinations for licensing requirements.
SAIFM is governed by a Board of Governors consisting of a representative from each of the following institutions: The JSE Ltd, the Financial Services Board, STRATE and the SA Reserve Bank. The remainder of the Governors are elected by SAIFM’s members from the ranks of fellows at each annual general meeting held in November of each year.
The business of the SAIFM is conducted and administered by full time staff at its office at Building 18, The Woodlands Office Park, Western Service Road, Woodmead.
Exams offered by SAIFM include:
- Registered Persons Exam (RPE)
- Registered Securities Trader Examination
- JSE Equity Settlement Officer Examination
- JSE Bonds Settlement Officer Examination
- JSE Equity Compliance Officer Examination
- JSE Derivatives Compliance Officer Examination
- Strate Examinations
For more information on SAIFM and the above exams, please go to:
Tap left for how to study your SAIFM with us.
Let's Get Social